Introduction of Events for Teacher’s Assistants
The Islamic Summer Camp is held every year under the supervision of Japan Islamic Trust (JIT), more commanly known as Tarbiyah Camp.
IISO is collaborating with JIT in order to provide more productive Summer Camp Activities for children of all ages. The experience would enrich the children’s faith and confidence as they gather and interact with fellow Muslim children of their age in cultural and outdoor activities.
IISO also conducts a Summer school program every year for 6 days and a winter school program for 3 days. The objective for these programs are similar to our Islamic Camp program. It provides an opportunity for the children to meet muslim peers and learn more about Islam in a fun manner.
Schedule for Events in 2018
Summer School 23rd July t0 31st July 10:00-13:00
Yamanashi camp 15th September to 17th September (over night stay)
Winter School 24th-26th December
A detailed schedule will be sent to you after your selection.
Attending the pre-meeting is mandatory.
Teacher’s Assistants Main Role
- Give students opportunities to interact with you and other people from different cultures.
- You must participate in all activities at the camp (hiking & orienteering, International Cultural Performance, camp fire, chat room session, ice breaker games, etc…)
- You will be acting as a Facilitator for every activity. An activity plan and instructions will be provided by a Head Teacher.
- Help on the last day for pack up.
- You will get to work in groups with students of Elementary School G1,2,3,4,5&6.
Guidelines for Applicants
Number of International Students/ Participants Required
- People who have the energy and enjoy being with young teenagers at the junior high school level.
- Must atleast have a conversational level in Japanese ( regardless of nationality)
- Should be enrolled in a UNIVERSITY in Japan by the time you apply for the program.(Exchange students and those who have done Tarbiyah camp as volunteers before are accepted).
- Must pass an interview from IISO staff.
- Those who are currently working as an ALT are also eligible to apply.
IISO will pay all the expense including accommodation, food and transportation (Round trip from pre-meeting location to Yamanashi Camp site).
15,000 yen for 3 days Yamanashi camp.
20,000 yen for 5 days Summer School Program. 3 Hours a day with 1 hour break time (unpaid)
15,000 yen for 3 days Winter School Program . 10:00 to 3:00 pm.
* A mandatory pre-meeting and performing all duties is a must.
How to apply?
Please fill in the form below. The IISO staff will contact all applicants through an email about when and where the interview will be conducted in the first week of September.Successful applicants will be informed of further details henceforth.